|CLICK HERE TO GO TO SOURCE|
There’s a great deal museums everywhere can learn from a program like Tate Members when we’re talking about 'online community building' and other activities where we want people to get together in an organised way around a cause. Here’s a couple of things to take away from repeating the Tate Members story at least 50 times:
- Have clear benefits ... invent things people can get FREE
- Keep repeating why people should join ... Because there are always new people being born that need to know
- Outreach versus engagement ... Its as much about finding new members as keeping the old ones happy.
- Treat different people differently ... Not everybody wants the same benefits ... Simply repeating your marketing message all the time might scare members away that have grown past being a member for the benefits.
- Build a tribe ... The best thing about Tate Members is the welcome package– it makes you feel that you are part of Tate. These things are gold.
- Be very, very serious about it ... The moment people get together magic happens, and the moment they are invited to get together and the host isn’t in it for 120%, the party is ruined... We can bet on it that you remember such parties
- Click here to read more and get more